Sunday 19 May 2019

the west end


cartoon cows
real cows

rolling down to Ciutadella

Ciutadella is the old Spanish capital of Menorca and has a very nice feel to it.  Bike paths everywhere.  It's flat, of course, and there are plenty of cyclists.  Tourists beware!  We take a room in a family-run hotel out of the old town and spend a few days relaxing and enjoying the city.  We cook our dinners in the park to the bemusement of local dog-walkers.





I take my bike to a bike shop to see if they can extract the broken bolts stuck in my bike frame.  I ask that they don't drill the bolts out.  When I go to collect later in the day there is good news and bad news.  The good news is that they got both bolts out.  The bad news is that they drilled one out and then started to retap the screw threads.  And then the thread-tapper snapped off inside the frame.  A one-all draw then.  They don't charge me and I don't sue them for incompetency.



There's a ferry to Mallorca every day but the tickets are sold out at the weekend.  It turns out there's a marathon event on.  We happily stay a bit longer - happy to rest.  Gayle is beginning to walk normally - her muscle is finally healed.

the over-priced ferry to Mallorca

Translate